Sunday, September 18, 2011

Title: Google Docs Group Project

The purpose for our Google Docs Group Project for Ed 520 was to help us explore, learn and practice ways that using Google Docs could benefit us in our classrooms.

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/a/willamette.edu/document/d/17a6UakIAESrO9oHmodyWpEh47ISkJPc9bpAIPqQzr_c/edit?pli=1#


Reflection:
Google Docs is a great tool where students and teachers can collaborate in real time.  I don't have to attach anything to an email which allows the people you give access to immediate entry.  It is quick and easy to use. I like the fact that you can invite only the people you would like to, read, add to or edit your document.  Bottom line is that it saves time and you can collaborate with anyone from anywhere all at the same time.  Pretty cool! It is an effective way to get ideas and to give ideas all with the click of a button...so simple!
For the most part it is easy to use.  I did need to go into the help link to figure out some of the insert options.  I am still a little unclear with a few of them. I started out knowing absolutely nothing about Google Docs.  After some practice and playing, I am figuring some things out although, I still have much more to learn!  Many of the applications are very easy and fun to use for me, some of the others are a little more difficult.  I am hoping to understand more as I get a chance to use it more.
In our group project, I added to the description of Google Docs, had some ideas of how it could be used to enhance the teaching and learning experience in a classroom, added my reflections and played with some of the formatting and equation options.  I also noticed that there were different options for file formats that the doc could be saved to.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your contributions to the group, and hopefully you'll continue to find this to be an invaluable tool.

    ReplyDelete