Friday, October 7, 2011

Google Docs Group Project #2-Picasa

The purpose of this project was to explore Picasa and Picasa Web finding ways that we could utilize its features in our future classrooms.  Below is an example of a collage made in Picasa and a link to the assignment.


Collage made in Picasa

Click Link below to view Picasa and Picasa Web Album Assignment:
Google Doc

After exploring and using some of it's features, I am growing to love Picasa and Picasa Web Albums!!
I even hope to use it for my personal photos to create albums and send photos to family.  I've never used this program before so everything was new to me.  I do enjoy editing pictures and making albums but don't have a lot of experience doing it.  The programs were pretty easy to use and figure out on my own but my aunt had a little experience with using it as well so we thought it would be fun to work together exploring it's features. 

This tool could be useful for editing classroom pictures and creating an end of the school year memory album. With the face recongnition feature it would be simple to group each students picture together for  individual albums of class activities for parents to see. Students could create collages for projects or reports.  It is a fast process once you are familiar with the program and would save time and money because you don't have to print out many different pictures.  I also like the amount of control that you have being able to choose who sees what. 


I contributed to the group by exploring the program and learning how to use many of it's features.  I used Picnik to edit some of my pictures and created a collage to see how it would work, it's pretty cool!  I also made a web album.  I used Google Docs to answer each of the assigned questions as, adding a link to my collage and to my web album as well.

1 comment:

  1. A little big of a learning curve, but WOW, look at the payoff!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete